[Ansteorra-archery] New Royal Rounds Scorekeeping System

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Sun Jun 29 13:19:54 PDT 2008

Chuck Kaun wrote:
> Ok....so what happened to the old scores?  I worked pretty hard to get
> to the levels I was at and get to practice rarely if at all because of
> my job.  Other than that, I like the site a lot.....its purdy.
>
> Karl Thorgeirsson

The new system has all the scores loaded into it submitted for the past
year or so with the exception of the about the past week when I have but
scores submissions on hold while I bring the new system online.  Scores
older than that are precisely what you called them, "old scores", and
not used to calculate an archers current average.

Go forward the database will offer a much more robust and timely way for
archers to track their shooting and maintain a history for them.  Any
old history beyond what is in the system now wont be ported into this
new system.

At some point, after the new system is fully online and the level of
activity associated with the roll out has died down a bit, I'll go back
through all of the older scores and come up with an archival page that
lists the highest official averages achieved by archers before this new
system came online.  We have reasonably good records back to late 2003.
But any work associated with historical scores is going to be low
priority compared to getting everything running smoothly for current work.

-EA