[Ansteorra-archery] (somewhat) Any bowmakers out there?

Robin Allen robinbjornsborg at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 12:21:50 PDT 2008

  I can't imagine a bowmakers forum. Bowyery is about a week's worth of knowledge and the rest is all finese and technique which really can't be transmitted well in a written format.  For info and advice I'd recommend The Traditional Bowyers' Bible series or a subscription to Primitive archer magazine. Also 3 Rivers Archery sells some very useful how to DVDs. Of course they also sell some aweful ones as well.
  Robin

Elton Prater <elton2995 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Kind of on this subject: Would anyone be interested in an Ansteorran
bowmakers yahoo group? I am a novice at it, and would like the
opportunity to trade information/advice. I have built one longbow that
fired successfully once and exploded on the second shot. Am just
starting on my second one.
Eric

Paradox wrote:
> Got a load of bodark/osage or whatever you may call
> it, about 5-9 pieces; varies from 6'-9' by 5"-14"
> hearthwood width. I need to make at least 4 bows out
> of this load, but have no applied/practical knowledge
> of how this is done....I'm still learning how to
> shoot...lol...
> The wood not used, can go to anyone whom has a use
> for it..
> These pieces were a couple limbs that had to cut; so
> there is more to be had if needed...
>
> Lucien

  Nyd hyder ond bwa.