[Ansteorra-archery] Gulf Wars XVII Schedule (2008) -- Combat Archery Schedule

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Wed Mar 5 22:49:43 PST 2008

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair wrote:
> Tuesday at 3:00 is the Rapier Ravine battle with archery, not at the fort.

Uhhh,  Yer right.  How did I screw that up.  Mebbe just wishful thinking
on my part..

> Also, I heard that there will be heavy inspections in the Ansteorran
> camp.  I don't know if that will include CA or not.

I don't know.  Details regarding CA inspections have not been  not been
provided.

A big difference in the CA inspections and the rest of the the
marshallate inspections is that we log the details every bow and
crossbow that comes through inspection and we log the details of how
many arrows of each type come through inspection.

At the end of war we can tell you the total number and what the ratio of
bows to crossbows was.  We can tell you what the low, high, and average
poundages are.  We can tell you how the bows and crossbows were divided
up between the archers from the various kingdoms.  We can tell you how
many of each type of ammo that was used and where it came from.  etc. etc.

We have been collecting the data for about 6 years now.  We are the only
significant sized war that collects that data.  The data has been VERY
valuable in making rules decisions for Gulf War, for Ansteorra, and for
the SCA as a whole.   I think it would be a serious loss if we were no
longer able to gather the data in a reliable fashion.  As far as I know
the CA Marshals from the Gulf Wars principle kingdoms have not decided
that the data will simply no longer be collected.

Regards,

-EA