[Ansteorra-archery] Archery at Beltane Games

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Sun May 4 20:54:36 PDT 2008

The competition had a good spectator attendance and was composed of
three rounds.  The first round the archers shot a vertical wand shoot.
The top dozen continued to round two, where they shot at a French knight
(well-painted by Lord Lawrence du Paulson).  The knight was mostly
obscured by a stack of haybales ten feet in front of him to equalize
crossbows with bows.  The top six went on to the final round where they
shot at a rabbit being pulled along a path.  The winner was Lord Tesmond
der Pferdonmiester.

Three children later shot at the French knight and a moving squirrel at
a much closer distance.  Aleczander Lawrenceson was the winner.

I want to thank Arthur Blackmoon and Thomas Quilliam for assisting with
the marshalling, and all those who helped move bales and such.  I hope
people had fun.

Ulf