[Ansteorra-archery] No BG Archery Practice Today - Seeking a new marshal for target archery

brandtfamily at sprintmail.com brandtfamily at sprintmail.com
Sun May 4 08:13:46 PDT 2008

Hi folks,

I am not going to be able to make it to Bryn Gwlad's archery practice
today in Austin.

Yesterday I fell on a stairway while leaving a movie theatre, and
tumbled down 3 to 4 steps, landing on my left knee, my forearms, and
my head. I'll be all right with some rest, but my left knee is pretty
sore, and it would be advisable to stay off my feet as much as I can
today.

My assistant, Patrick, will probably still be there to supervise the
range for an **unofficial** practice, but anyone who has targets that
they can bring should do so, since I am the one who usually brings out
the targets.

By next week my knee should have recovered. Hope to see you all then.

===============

I am still seeking applicants for someone to take over the office of
Archery Marshal for Bryn Gwlad. I have served for two years, and due
to outside commitments I need to reduce the amount of time I am
spending each weekend running the practice sessions. The archers of
Bryn Gwlad are a fine group of people, with between 10 and 20
individuals who will show up every week that a practice is offered. If
we don't get a new archery marshal before the end of May, their
official weekly practice sessions will have to be suspended.

The person who takes the job needs to be warrantable as an SCA Target
Archery Marshal. (Paid member of the SCA in good standing, and over 18
years old). It isn't difficult to learn how to safely supervise an
archery range, and an applicant could get warranted after they start,
with myself and Patrick and some of the other warranted marshals
assisting until the new officer gets their card. While we are
currently doing a practice session every Sunday, the new marshal could
choose another schedule that matches with their availability. Having a
large vehicle available for transporting targets and loaner gear is a
good thing, but is not vital. A passenger sedan with an empty trunk
and back seat is enough cargo space to haul enough gear for a very
good practice session.

Applicants should send a letter of intent to the Seneschal, the Baron,
the Baroness, and myself.

Jason of Rosaria
Bryn Gwlad Target Archery Marshal