[Ansteorra-archery] Third Quarter 2008 Royal Round Keeper Report

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Mon Sep 8 09:10:24 PDT 2008

jack spinks wrote:
> No argument.  Thanks for the clarification.  I missed the statement
> when I was looking although I thought that was the gist of it.  And it
> is an excellent improvement over the old system but I have a student
> and several beginning friends I also wish to keep track of hence my
> questions when I had to dig the info out.
>
> I am trying to get a couple of them to attend an event and this may be
> a good way to encourage them to do so.
> Jaque

Great.  The whole point was/is to encourage people to attend some events
and interact archers outside of their home practice.  When the
Ansteorran Royal Rounds were created it was noted that there were some
really great archers that virtually never left their home range.  Those
really great archers are the ones that we almost want most to go out and
and interact with other people because they are the ones that can
inspire everyone to to better and the ones that can share and teach what
it took for them to get as good as they are.

The Northern branches have started travelling around to each others
practices in a carpool and thats perfect.  Perhaps the Steppes Marshals
can coordinate with the Emerald Keep marshals to do something in Emerald
Keep.  It's and easy drive and two hours away, there is no site fee to
pay for a practice, and if ya load as many folks as ya can into the most
fuel efficient car that ya can then it's not a bad day trip.  The
Steppes archers then get an away score and they can share and get to
know the Emerald Keep archers better.

Regards,

-EA