[Ansteorra-archery] period bow

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Fri Sep 19 22:25:29 PDT 2008

Len Billett wrote:
> well i guess my bow could pass as a period bow. Does my arrows all
> have to be period to count?
Yes, your arrows have to be "period"  which for most SCA archers simply
means that they simply have to move to self nocked or horn nocked arrows.

> And since we are on the subject  or royal rounds I was curious if I
> was shooting a royal round with a crossbow do the same rules with the
> timed round apply?
Yes it is the same  30 seconds.

You can read all of the Royal Rounds rules from the Royal Rounds pages
via  http://archery.ansteorra.org

> that would kinnda suck , considering the reload time and rate of fire.
> Just wondering .

Nope doesn't suck at all.  Just perhaps a lower percentage of the
crossbowmans score is from the timed ends.  Consider that the highest
Royal Rounds average in Ansteorra right now is the only crossbowman with
an average.  Consider also that the highest current score in the IKAC
open division is from a crossbowman and in the IKAC period division the
two highest scores are from crossbowman.  It evens out and a practiced
crossbowman is not significantly handicapped in the Royal Rounds or the
IKAC by having the timed ends.

Regards,

-EA