[Ansteorra-archery] authorization

William Black Dragon hlironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 26 22:04:47 PDT 2008

None of my combat arrows are currently legal, they need to be refitted, but you are welcome to borrow some for practice.  I've chopped all my baldar arrows down into combat bolts to make sure I had legal combat missiles for Three Kings and am currently working on refitting 450+ combat bolts.  I won't start refitting combat arrows until after we have finished refitting all the combat bolts.

However just so you know the odds of getting authorized for combat archery within six weeks are extremely slim, but possible if you can met several qualifications.

To list a few of those basic qualifying factors:

- Do you already have a current fighter authorization?

- Do you have prior melee combat (battle) experience?

- Do you have your own combat legal armor?

- Do you have your own legal combat archery equipment?

- Are you familiar enough with the Ansteorran Complete Participant's
  Handbook(especially section 6) to respond correctly when quizzed?

- Do you have a currently active knight marshal or combat archery
  marshal whom would be willing to vouch for your combat skill
  abilities?

If you are able to answer yes to five of the above questions there
is a good chance we might be able to buddy you up with another
combat archer at BAM for observation and possibly get
authorized for combat archery afterward, however it usually
requires at least two or more melee events before any combat
archery authorizing marshal will sign off on any combat archery authorization.  Starting this late a more realistic goal might
getting authorized in combat archery by Gulf War.

Don't get me wrong here, nothing delights us authorizing combat
archery marshals more than getting another combat archer on the
field.  But given the possibility for catastrophic injury that can
happen with combat archery they are going to make sure any novice
combat archer is well trained before they are ever allowed to roam
the field alone.

It normally requires four times as long to get authorized for
combat archery than whats required to become a melee fighter.
Furthermore it's about four times as expensive to purchase the
required equipment to be a combat archer than a melee fighter.
Not to mention the cost of equipment maintenance and upgrades.

Now if you have read all of the above and are still interested
in becoming a combat archer come see me Sunday at Steppes
archery practice or contact me personally by email at the above
address and we shall be delighted to get you started!

Regards,

Ironwyrm