[Ansteorra-archery] archery in the movies

Karen Calhoun hlykatya at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 11 13:26:38 PDT 2009

I'm a huge movie fan.  I especially love to see archery as Hollywood represents it.  I was watching "Prince of Foxes" today with Tyrone Powers and Orson Wells.  The costuming was over the top even for Italy.  They did however try to use locations from the story whenever possible.  Nice frescoes.

Anyway...  During one of the battles, archers were posted in the trees.  One archer loosed an arrow without releasing the string.  He did this not once, but twice.  I had to rewind myTivo just to make sure.  I love Hollywood!

Hope you're staying cool and drinking lots of water.

HLy Katya