[Ansteorra-archery] Fat head blunts

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Mon Dec 7 23:12:52 PST 2009

Not sure what you are referring to has a "cozy" blunt  our new 1.5"
diameter blunts wont absorb any more water that our older 1.25" diameter
ones.  After all, a CLOSED cell foam shouldn't absorb water.

Fatheads cant absorb water.  How are the made?  It is a tapered UHMW
blunt core just like I might use to make a foam padded blunt but instead
of foam taped over it it has Santoprene rubber injected around it.  The
Santoprene is the same material  that has been used to cast the body of
Baldar blunts for some time.

The way our rules are currently written as a marshal I have no reason
not to allow them.  We reference the society rules and do not prohibit
the use of any of the society approved blunts for fiberglass shafts.  So
until the Ansteorran rules are changed to specifically disallow them,
the current rules allow them.

They are stout and hit harder than a classic Baldar Blunt.  But of
course don't hit harder than the tip of a rattan sword.

-EA