[Ansteorra-archery] Fw: [SCA-MissileCombat] Yeilding Formats

Chuck Kaun jack_a_lope31 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 2 14:21:07 PST 2009

I dont know about you but kneeling infront of a fighter means you are a non-mobile target that has projectiles, aka blood in the water.  Better to hold up one hand and yell "yield".  Although Id make sure you do this while they are still at a distance.

With clear the bow, the distances are gonna be shorter and if they are only 3 feet away, its best to hold your head up and put your arms over your chest cause you are about to get hit, probably in the head.  Unless you raise your arms, in which case you may get hit in the arm....which will hurt more.

Karl T.

Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 10:36:19 -0800From: mg1m at swbell.netTo: ansteorra-archery at lists.ansteorra.orgSubject: [Ansteorra-archery] Fw: [SCA-MissileCombat] Yeilding Formats

Thoughts? Comments? Consensus?

Michel

----- Forwarded Message ----From: Lianor de Najera <lianordenajera at gmail.com>To: SCA-MissileCombat at yahoogroups.comSent: Monday, February 2, 2009 11:52:09 AMSubject: Re: [SCA-MissileCombat] Yeilding Formats

In Avacal (I'm not sure if it holds for the rest of An Tir) we're taughtto yell 'Yield' and kneel with hands and bows behind our backs ifpossible. Definitely not over the head.En Servicio,Lianor de NajeraSable Minotaur PursuivantBill McNutt wrote:>> So, a question for everyone: in Y OUR kingdom, how are people trained> to yield?>> __._,_.___
Messages in this topic (296) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
[Email to SCA-MissileCombat-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com to leave this list]
 Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Recent Activity

 4
New Members

 4