[Ansteorra-archery] my thoughts on commands

Sir Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 15:03:34 PST 2009

I have to say, I don't think that football is a good analogy for commands
givin on the SCA battlefield.  Simply stated, SCA armies aren't practiced
enough to formulate responses fast enough, where football teams drill as a
group on a daily basis.

If you give commands TO A COHESIVE GROUP and execute them reasonably
quickly, it doesn't matter if the other guys know it's coming.

Certainly, some individuals may be able to respond, and it's certainly
better to not let the other guys know what you're doing and tip your had, as
it were.. but given the choice between not working as a cohesive group and
giving commands that the other guys can hear, I'll take the latter every
time.

Just my opinion.

Morgan