[Ansteorra-archery] volley

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Tue Feb 17 14:22:51 PST 2009

Heilsa,

I have taken some measurements with a 30 lb., recurve bow, using
fiberglass shaft arrows UHMW heads with all the required side padding, 1
inch of padding on the head, shooting both Asgard and Siloflex APDs.

Measured distance is 105 feet. Baldar Blunts (Classical Design) with the
same type of APDs, I believe should do a tad better - called
approximately 120 feet.

The issue of arcs come into play approximately half the distance of both
types of APDs and combat heads, which is based upon watching the arrows
as they go down range. Perhaps looking from the side would give a better
idea of the actually arcs involved.

Now, I can bring my combat equipment out this coming Sunday at Steppes
regular practice and do some more measurements

Michael Kettering