[Ansteorra-archery] volley

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us
Mon Feb 16 19:49:23 PST 2009

Sir Morgan Buchanan wrote:
> A volley isn't necessarily a bunch of arrows arched high into the
> air.  That is just one kind of volley.  A volley is a simultaneous
> discharge of missiles, nothing more specific.
I realize that, but keep in mind that when you use the term "volley
fire" that is what most people are going to think of.  So for the sake
of clarity, I would suggest a different term such as "massed fire".
Especially since our current King has declared that he doesn't like us
using "volley fire" (meaning arced firing in this case).

Thanks,
Donnchadh