[Ansteorra-archery] a question about arrows

dannym at austin.rr.com dannym at austin.rr.com
Mon Mar 30 10:59:49 PDT 2009

Plastidip does have a Durometer of Shore-A 70 according to PDI, which is similar to a shoe heel.  A rubber tire is only Shore-A 55.  Baldars are Santoprene and most Santoprene seems to be in the 50-55 range, that's what I see on spec sheets, although there seem to be some specialty products under the Santoprene name with Shore values from 35 to 70.  So actually it's probably much stiffer than a Baldar.

The realization of hardness does depend on thickness though.  We've painted it into foam for soft LARP weapons, more as a paint than a dip.  I used the spray myself.  This gives mixed results on whether it's durable enough, but it did not present any issue with hardening the surface.

Oznog