[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Huntsman - CA and TA Champions?

Jed Tressler jed.tressler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 13:19:26 PST 2009

> hmmmm, this might be a good idea.
>
> Is it viable to have two separate shoots and two champions?
>
> Vincenti

The extension of this, is that we should have a Queens Heavy Rapier
Champion, a Queens Light Rapier Champion, a Queens Side Sword Champion, a
Kings Fiberglass Spear Champion, and a Kings Champion (all other weapon
forms).  These all require different authorizations, different equipment
sets, and different skills that may not have a chance to shine in the
"traditional" or "standard" tourney formats.  Our fellow marshal enthusiasts
are, mostly, ok with the fact that there particular "flavor" doesn't always,
or never, gets to shine.  I think we should be too.

The one thing that I think would help to increase the reception and prestige
of the Huntsmen competition is to ensure that our Crowns understand the
nature of the community, and the different flavors within it.  Not all
Crowns are going to realize how few of the archers competing in there
Huntsmen tourney are CA authorized, or how long it takes to get authorized,
or the potential difficulty of getting authorized based on marshal
availability, or that one CA round in the tourney doesn't often highlight
the CA of true skill (we do CA in melee, not tourney).  Nor do
they necessarily understand how much time and effort many of the target
archers put into there craft mostly on there own, practicing, making arrows,
reviewing form, studying texts on the theory of archery, and how that one
round of CA can be so frustrating because it feels like it undermines the
work they put in at the one big chance they have to shine (most
crowns don't sit and watch a local groups archery competition).

To my mind, it falls to the kingdom missile marshal, and the current royal
huntsmen to ensure that a crown understands this part of there kingdom.
 After all, it seems fewer crowns than we would like had a passion for
archery before they ascended the thrown, so we cant just expect that they
will understand.

My Thoughts,
Bastian Eisengart, L.