[Ansteorra-archery] Gothic questions.

Paul Thorne paul.v.thorne at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 11:17:45 PDT 2009

Well, as one of the Combat Archers there here is my take on it.  I drove
8hrs one way to be able to fight in roughly 20 minutes worth of melee.  This
was supposed to be Gothic "War" not Gothic "War College".  I do understand
that training does need to take place.  Not that many years ago we held "War
Colleges" where training took place and you knew what you were going for.
You and Severne have undertaken training days, this is wonderful.  To me,
the purpose of "War" is to put that into practice as units and groups.  I
think when we have major events that are "melee" events, (Gothic, BAM, 3
Queens/Kings, Coastal Invasion) that they need to be just that "melees".
Pickups are great and a great training tool, tournaments are held throughout
the rest of the year, these events are a time to be gearing up for the War
season.

Jean-Paul de Calmont
Former Archery Commander