[Ansteorra-archery] Period Crossbows

Marlin and Amanda Stout ldcharles at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 17 09:34:12 PST 2010

Doug Copley wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I need some help, I know some of your are glad that I am finally
> admitting it:-)
>
> I have been searching for a source of pictures and descriptions of
> period crossbows. Either an on-line source or a book that I could
> purchase. My persona is 1530 Italy but I am not really trying to focus
> on just that time frame but was looking more broadly.

A good place to start might be New World Arbalest
(http://www.crossbows.net/). Click the link for 'Iolo's First Book of
Crossbows', it should at the least give you a good starting point. Also,
Iolo has researched period crossbows for ages, so if there's some
question you've got, he can likely answer it, or at least point you to
where to find the answer.

Charles,
BG