[Ansteorra-archery] Fw: [SCA-Archery] Gulf Wars Grand Exhibition Tournament and GA Fun Shoots

William Black Dragon ironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 19 22:34:23 PST 2010

I read it as I could use my modern TD recurve (if I could still pull it)
but not my period crossbow!?!  That's some serious bow bias if
correct and I can't believe I'm hearing this crossbow exclusion
crap our from fellow archers, again!  That really sucks if that's
what they are planing to do.  It's difficult enough to get people to
attend events these days without telling them can't participate
when they do come!

The you get to use "X" amount of arrows or bolts then you die
(return to resurrection point) for combat archers has already
soured the ravine battle for me.  It used to be one of my favorite
activities during Gulf War, but I'll likely pass on it and go fight
spear in the bridge battles instead now.

I hate to sound discouraging but SCA archery is really starting
to lose it's appeal the less fun it gets!

Ironwyrm