[Ansteorra-archery] arrow info.

Scott Mills b.scott.mills at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 14:12:39 PDT 2011

For the last number of years I have been using Sitka Spruce.  The weight is
comparable to POC  but it is stronger.  Spruce has one of the highest
strength to weight ratio of any woods (thus the reason it was so extensively
used in building airplanes).

>From a craftsmans standpoint I find that spruce is harder to hand straighten
than POC  but once you get it straight  it seems to stay straight longer and
takes more abuse than POC.  I also think it takes stains and dyes better
than POC.  Of course it doesn't smell as nice when you are grinding the
tapers as POC does.

Regards,

-EA