[Ansteorra-archery] Un-allowed blunts

B Scott Mills b.scott.mills at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 10:43:03 PST 2011

I am not sure that showing blunts that are NOT allowed is the right
approach as there are lots of things that are not allowed. Red heads,
Morak Blunts, Thistle Missles, Eggs, etc.  Training on everything that
is not allowed might run the risk of confusing things.

I think the best approach is to train new marshals to accurately
identify the limited set of blunts that ARE allowed and for then to be
very sure of what they need to look for as a legal blunt.  Anything else
is not allowed.

The only caveat there is that you should train people how to tell the
difference in one piece and two piece classic baldar blunts and make
sure that they understand that they need to check carefully for that
100% of the time.  Also they need to understand that any white based
baldar blunt is not allowed on fiberglass as those were for wooden
shafts only.

Regards,

-EA