[Ansteorra-archery] Bow surface treatments

Betsy Marshall betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Tue Nov 1 15:05:01 PDT 2011

Not specific to bows, but in woodworking you would not use an oil treatment
before a polyurethane- the oil would prevent the PU from bonding to the
fibers and it would (soon/later) flake off.
Oil finishing is to replicate -in a timely manner- the patina acquired by
years of an item being handled and used.
Poly is to create a surface layer impervious to moisture/water.
Hope that helps! KerMegan (occasionally a resident of these parts.)

Message: 1