[Ansteorra-archery] Crossbow Prods for sale?

William Black Dragon ironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 4 16:38:03 PDT 2011

Yeah I was curious about that statement myself, the prod on my
period style Iolo bow is a steel Alchem prod that came off a combat
crossbow with six years service.  Either of us had any problem with
it and I still use that crossbow for target and carry the bow for a
combat backup should my other combat bows fail during battle.

That may sound a bit strange however all three crossbows I used
during the fort battle at one Gulf War failed in that melee.  I finished
the battle unarmed with a basket of full of unused missiles as we
were overrun, I was not happy!.  Think that's what kick started me
making my own combat crossbows and now ya know why I carry
so many extra crossbows in the wagon at the edge of the world
during most melees! lol

If a steel prod is going to fail its going to fail early on, so far they
seem to have a lot longer life than the T-60 aluminum prods.
Replaced four in eight years, never have had any problem with
the steel other than replacing bridles or repairing stocks.

ironwyrm