[Ansteorra-archery] Raven's Fort Archery Tournament

Ron Denton ronald_the_archer at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 15 09:58:02 PDT 2011

Greetings All,

This weekend at Raven’s Fort Defender of the Fort, I will be organizing and marshaling an archery contest to aid their Excellencies in selecting their next Bowman of the Fort.

I have several stages planned to test accuracy, precision, and speed!  At least one stage will involve combat archery.  A combat bow/crossbow, ammunition, helm and gauntlets will be required.  A combat crossbow and bolts will be made available to those archers without their own equipment.  Loaner helms and gauntlets will also be available, but I make no guarantee as to proper fit.

And for those motivated by shiny things, in addition to the largess provided by their Excellencies, I have sweetened the pot by providing a set 8 handmade, period arrows.  These arrows are matched weight with hardwood re-enforced self nocks and bodkin points.

I hope to see many of you at Raven’s Fort this weekend.

Ronald fitz Robert
Bowman of the Fort