[Ansteorra-archery] String length

Crandall 4fooles.matters at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 08:02:23 PDT 2012

Agreed. I make a string starting with the large loop, then tie off the
bottom end with a timber hitch. Then I string and test the fist until
it is right, moving the hitch for length. I rarely make a bottom loop,
I just leave the hitch. Have not had one fail yet.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Wayne Law <dragonlaw1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 4" short of the end would get you in the ballpark for a recurve.
> String one end, the other end should be about 4" short.
>
> Leofwine
>

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 9:23 AM, John Hirling <jhirling at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Greetings all -  Is there any rule-of-thumb for string length or would I be
>> best off simply creating the first loop (on a flemish twist) and bending to
>> an appropriate fist?  I have not been able to find a string length for this
>> bow (an old Ben Pearson 333) online.
>>
>> Keleman
>>
>> One person with passion is better than forty people merely interested."
>>
>> — E. M. Forster

One's sense of honor is the only thing that does not grow old, and the
last pleasure, when one is worn out with age, is not, as the poet
said, making money, but having the respect of one's fellow men.
-Thucydides
When you face a liar, look not first at the lie itself, but try hard
to learn more of the liar and reason out just why he tells such a
falsehood before you render judgment upon him. And if you find that
liar is motivated by malice and spite, then render that judgment which
causes his doom.