[Ansteorra-archery] String length

Danny Miller dannym at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 17 09:51:08 PDT 2012

The string you measure with need not be a properly made bowstring.  It
can be any cord which can handle the tension.  Tie and retie a
timberhitch until the brace height is right and measure the length when
strung.

Keep in mind 2 things: one, a flemish string tends to be 1 1/4" longer
(or more) when strung than when made, due to stretching.  It needs to
lie strung overnight to stretch the string to its final length.  But, a
string can be made shorter by twisting, up to about 1/2", maybe even 1"
before the amount of twisting gets unreasonable.

Oznog