[Ansteorra-archery] Bow restoration

Crandall 4fooles.matters at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 20:30:28 PDT 2012

I doubt that there is a "fix" that would not degrade the performance of the
limbs.

At 30# your Lady will grow out of it quickly and she can move on. A good
45# bow will serve well for anything up to hunting medium game. I took a
whitetail with a 45#, but I will admit it was a very lucky day, many years
ago. Rabbits were my usual moving targets.

The limbs could be tested and forced into an overdraw situation, but I do
not think that will be necessary. As long as the string is staying in the
nock and not throwing itself off the limb, when the bow is shot, I would
say go ahead and shoot it.

Ask other archers where they found their bows, most will offer you an
opportunity to try one out.

Do not go out and buy a large number of arrows for the 30# unless you plan
on giving the remainder to another starting archer when she moves up.

Crandall, Olde Phart

--
One's sense of honor is the only thing that does not grow old, and the last
pleasure, when one is worn out with age, is not, as the poet said, making