[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Huntsman - Special Tourney Rules***

John Moore iaenmor at swbell.net
Mon Feb 13 20:17:30 PST 2012

Yes, her Excellency would have been the first CA made that was not a
target archer.  But before any of you forget Target or Combat archery
skills are not the only considerations.  Let us not forget service or
the ability to teach.  Among other things those are some of what are
looked at.  Those that have sat in the circle with the Royals know those
things have been discussed.

Again also remember that the Royal Huntsman serves at their Majesties
pleasure.  If they want a combat archer or a target archer or a water
boy that carries a bow that is what they get.  It is their Huntsman and
they get a very large say in what the tourney format will be.  They idea
of her soon to be Majesty being guarded and mentored by one of the best
Combat archer in the Kingdom during her first forays into this field
make me feel proud of my brothers and sisters in this group.  Protect
and teach her well.  At times not on the field of battle keep their
table full.  More ever so shine as our communities representative to them.

For those not a CA bent, bring your happy little selves out to the
tourney knowing that while you may not win you have competed against the
best this kingdom has to offer.  There is never any dishonor in
competing your best against adversary.  Believe me any who watch will
know who the best were that day.  Both Combat and Target.

Iaen Mor