[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Huntsman - Special Tourney Rules***

Doug Copley doug.copley at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 20:33:31 PST 2012

Greetings unto the Greatest Archers of the known world!

TRHs will be holding a Tourney to find their Royal Huntsman and it will
probably be held in May, they do not have a date or event yet.

This tourney will have special requirements so they are being announced
in advance so that everyone has an opportunity to be prepared.

There will be both a target archery and a combat archery portion to the
tourney. From these rounds the top archers will advance to the finals
and will be asked by the Crown if they are ready and able to compete for
the title and if they win are they ready to fulfill those duties and to
serve the Crown. If they are not ready, or choose not to continue, they
will be allowed to withdraw at that time and a replacement from the
field will be called forward.

*** Here are the special rules ***
The final rounds will be Combat Archery Duels. All participants in the
final rounds must be Combat Archery authorized and have photo ID,
authorization card, and blue membership card (if they do not have their
blue membership card they will have to sign a waiver).

If you are not Combat Archery authorized you must be actively working on
becoming one and you must contact me in advance of the event to receive
a waiver for this.

All finalists will have to pass armor inspection prior to entering the
field. Those archers that are planning to compete for the title and wish
to get their armor inspection done prior to the start of the tourney
will be able to. All Combat Archery equipment will have to be inspected
prior to the start of the tourney.

As this is a tourney to select the Archery Champion for the Kingdom of
Ansteorra, no loaner gear of any type will be provided. Each contestant
will be responsible for providing their own equipment.

As soon as a tourney date and site are selected I will post a
notification to the list.

If you have any questions please contact me directly.

YIS,

Vincenti da Murano
Royal Huntsman, Kingdom of Ansteorra