[Ansteorra-archery] a compromise for your perusal

Chuck Kaun jack_a_lope31 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 15 09:02:40 PST 2012

I also dont like the thought of splitting the archery community but when you have such disparate groups that have become large enough to have their own voice like CA now has done, then you need to take both sides and not just say "then you need to get so much better than I am so you MIGHT have a chance to win".  That is not right.

I like the idea of two champions because it showcases archers a bit more but I can also see your point on how this could upset the apple cart

How about a compromise to the ideas that have been tossed out there?  Right now there are three groups, only one of which plays both games and the other two are about the same size.  There are two RH tourneys a year, make one CA oriented and the other Target oriented.  Is this optimal?  No.  Does it make both sides happy?  Maybe less disgruntled.  Is it the fairest solution to be had without blowing everything up and telling one or the other group to suck it up because they dont matter?  A possibility.

And before jumping on the "I can only play once a year because I dont like the other side of the coin?" bandwagon please remember that there is only one Kingdom artisan and one kingdom bard competition per year.

Something to think on.

And yes, there is always "the current RH makes the format with the likes of the crown"  If a 6 month alternating RH happened then the stepping down would set up the format for the tourney 6 months after they step down, so like stays with like.

And yes, the crown has the right to say "I want my Huntsman to join me on the field of battle".  Then even if it is the target archery tourney, all archers who are competing know what is expected of them during that reign and stay or go as wanted.

I would like to see everybody less disgruntled and have an equal chance at playing the game they want.  Hopefully I can help.

Karl Thorgeirsson