[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Huntsman

Bill Tait arwemakere at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 10:09:53 PST 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 8:35 AM, Chuck Kaun <jack_a_lope31 at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Or one goes to each.  Its possible to have the CA tourney actually done
> at Crown tourney.  The Current crown chooses who the
> Archer/missile Protector to their heirs will be and they stay on through
> their reign.
>
> Anotehr thought....If you are going to have a CA tourney, why not add
> throwing weapons to the mix?  Having a guy with the option of either trying
> to reload his crossbow or rushing the other guy reloading and chucking an
> axe at him WOULD make the duel a bit more exciting wouldnt it?  :D
>
> Karl

Greetings,

The answer to this is simply: Not really. In the past, people have tried
such things as throwing an axe, and while your opponent watches it, you
shoot him. It has never worked :). In 18 years, there was only one person
who won the Kingdom Protector tournament using thrown weapons. The simple
fact is that they are too slow. There was also only one victor using a
crossbow. All others were won using a handbow. The reload rate of the
crossbow means that I'm getting 3 arrows off for each bolt from a fast xbow
user.

William