[Ansteorra-archery] Archery at Ethandune

Amber Bayles servalgoshawk at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 16:31:45 PDT 2012

Greetings, Ansteorran archers! The Viking and Saxon armies approach and everyone knows that warriors need feeding. I have surveyed the land around Ethandune and have found 15 different kinds of animals, so come out and test your skill as hunters! After the fighting is done, we will have a distance shoot to be shot in volleys.

For the hunt portion of the tournament, archers will go out in groups of two to four people. You will have to consider your targets wisely, for some animals are worth more than others. An animal's point value depends on the combination of difficulty and value in meat and pelt. Be prepared for a speed shoot! For the static rounds you will need 6 arrows. There will be a practice range open as well for those who wish for more shooting. We will have some loaner gear, though if the range gets busy we may limit it to tournament use only.

We are expecting clear and dry weather, so it should be a great day for archery!

-Faolan MacCairbre