[Ansteorra-archery] Period-ness, when is a bow not period due to the string?

Mark Crampton apwyvern at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 15 21:36:17 PDT 2013

I did use artificial sinew to twist a couple of Flemish strings for longbows, but I had trouble keeping the ends from slipping loose from the twist without knotting them, which looked like caca!   I have also used fine nacrame string (both wool and cotton) which worked pretty well, but stretched with hard use.  Just had to keep twisting it again to tighten.  Try different things.  Ask lots of other people.  Carry  a big sword when you check in!

Ringg ap Wyvern of Raven's Fort
936-333-8153
APWYVERN at YAHOO.COM

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare.
In return, they spare NOTHING, but give us their ALL!