[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Rounds at Events

Joey Gauthier xferdesk at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 09:59:16 PDT 2013

Having a Harold going around announcing the shoot is always effective to draw in more of a crowd and draw some attention. As for size constraints, at some sites there is only so much you can do. Take camp Cimarron for instance. Very limited space to shoot. You can get your 40 yards there but you'll be hidden from the people by the trees. and then the "out of sight, out of mind" comes into play. At that same camp, archery was front and center. The firing line was 10' in front of the main pavilion, but now we're on a time and distance constraint. You truly only need a target @ 20 yards (and enough room to rope off a safety zone) to record a royal round. Sure you'll take automatic 0's at the other distances, but we need to travel to other lands anyway. Just have the most fun you can within the safety guide lines wherever you are.

Griffin Fane