[Ansteorra-archery] Grand Assembly of Missiles (renamed Subject)

Chuck Kaun jack_a_lope31 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 17 04:58:57 PDT 2013

We have had Grand Assembly of Archers and Academy of the Bow and both events were a great deal of fun.  Why not expand this to accomodate all missile weapons?  Throw in some Thrown Weapons competitions and Siege demos or even a competition if they are enough engines there.  A siege range is no longer than an archery range if you are not using a backstop.

Also, many people will come to watch the archers but there are just as many who dont feel comfortable borrowing someone else equipment.  This usually isnt a problem with the thrown weapons and the siege weapons will be just as big a draw, especially if you let them play with them a bit.

Let us get the entire missile community united in our efforts.

Karl Thorgeirsson

Kingdom Deputy Missile Marshal in charge of Siege

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Joey Gauthier <xferdesk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > The land at Eldern is large Enough to accommodate a large crowd. We have enough to set up a few different ranges. Only trouble I see is that we only have enough targets to run one range. And not many people would travel 3-5 hours just for Royal Rounds. But if we ran another Grand Assembly of Archers, we could have an entire event focused on Archery. For archers, by archers. I've been talking to HL Gunnar, and HL Vincenti about getting this going again. I believe we can work through the hiccups from the past involving this event and if your interested contact me off list and ill fill you in on what I have so far
> >
> > In service
> > Ld Griffin Fane
> > Archery marshal, Eldern Hills
/ansteorra-archery-ansteorra.org