[Ansteorra-archery] Coastal Grand Baronial Championship Archery

Amber Bayles servalgoshawk at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 12:20:31 PDT 2013

I am the marshal in charge of target archery for the event as well as Stargate's archery champion. The tournament information was posted to the facebook event page but not the event website, apparently.

We will have the range open all day for the tournament as well as open practice and royal rounds, depending on marshal availability. I plan on bringing cookies for anyone who helps at the range, hint hint! I have not seen any event schedule so unfortunately I cannot give you any specific times. I'd like to have the range open soon after morning court and close it an hour before evening court.
As for the tournament format, we will have a clout shoot, a wreath shoot, a wand shoot, a string shoot, a charging boar shoot, a 30-second timed shoot at clays, and perhaps a fun surprise or two. None of the static shoots will require more than 6 arrows. For the timed shoot you'll need as many arrows as you can loose in 30 seconds. And yes, you read that right, I will have my charging boar target, Boaromir, in this tournament. Scores will be cumulative. Archers may practice as much as they want and shoot their tournament score and/or royal round at any time during the day while the range is open.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

-Faolan MacCairbre