[Ansteorra-archery] Children's Archery

Harry Billings humble_archer at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 30 14:55:01 PDT 2013

If a parent wants their child to shoot then they need to be at the range with them. I can remeber the good (not really) old days when the archery range was treated as daycare don't go there ever again.

plachoya

Ansteorra

I've always looked at it like this. I can safely run a range and keep an eye on a large number of archers. I announce my rules (loudly) before I let anyone shoot. If someone new steps up (child or not) I go over my rules again. Ill even call an impromptu "hold" to see who was paying attention, and who I need to keep more of an eye on. Any marshal can get overwhelmed if there are a large number of children and no other marshals to help "herd the cats". We shouldn't be expected to "babysit" but if the parents want to leave their kids at a range, I can still keep them and my range safe. Just don't expect a marshal to play MOC once the range is closed.

In serviceLd Griffin FaneArchery Marshal, Eldern Hills