[Ansteorra-archery] Ansteorra-archery Digest, Vol 87, Issue 2

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Sat Aug 10 07:02:36 PDT 2013

Ansteorra gives Laurels for A&S.  The A&S can be on a variety of subjects
but it is always A&S.  For example, Don Aaron is often said to have gotten
a Laurel for fencing, but what he really got it for was research into,
recreation of and teaching of historical fighting techniques.  Oh, and
playing harp. And drums. And harp making. And drum making. And furniture
making.  And other historical research. And costuming. And probably some
other stuff I don't know about.

Leon was more than just an archer, he was a craftsman who made bows,
arrows, tools to make bows, tools to make arrows, and probably a lot of
other stuff (I did not really know him that well so this was all I saw).

In my ~30 years in the SCA I have not been able to figure out WHAT
Ansteorra gives Pelicans for, but it clearly is not for fencing, shooting,
or riding.

Christian Doré

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Betsy Marshall <betsy at softwareinnovation.com