[Ansteorra-archery] Fw: [SCA-Archery] New SCA Archery Newsletter

Mike Gideon mg1m at swbell.net
Wed Feb 13 17:35:25 PST 2013

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: John Edgerton <sirjon1 at pacbell.net>
To: SCA-Archery at yahoogroups.com; SCA-MissileCombat at yahoogroups.com
Cc: SCA-West-Archery at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:24 PM
Subject: [SCA-Archery] New SCA Archery Newsletter

The editors of the new SCA wide archery newsletter  are looking for additional articles. If you have written any articles on target or combat archery, have current write-ups or photos of archery events, would like to write some in the future or for further information, please send your email to:

scaarcherynewsletter at yahoogroups.com

Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West
************************************

Quivers & Quarrels

Exploring the Known World of Traditional Target and Combat Archery
This publication offers a forum for members of the SCA community in our quest to perfect
our skills, while also exploring how traditional target and combat archery were practiced in
the pre-17th century world.
Our use and practice of these weapons evolves and is enriched as we discover more about the
past.
Regular features will include: The Medieval Archer: exploring historical practices and uses;
Kingdom Notes: Local and Regional Events Calendar; Ask the Expert: featuring Q & A’s and
tips from our best practitioners; What’s New in Combat Archery? keeping us current on
rules and equipment, Buy/Sell/Trade Classifieds and Archer of the Month –featuring profiles
and photos of local heroes; IKAC and SSAC Score Listings; and Notes from the Marshals.
Who doesn’t love a winner?! From time to time, we will feature contests and prizes.
Members of our society possess a wealth of knowledge and expertise. Please share yours
with the populace!
The newsletter will be published quarterly at the turning of the seasons, and available
through local groups and on the society website at http://enewsletter.sca.org/. Submission
deadlines are Feb 20 for the spring edition; May 20 for summer; August 20 for fall, and
November 20 for the winter edition.
We welcome your contributions!
Submissions email: scaarcherynewsletter at yahoogroups.com
Chronicler: