[Ansteorra-archery] Parking at Crown Tourney

hlykatya hlykatya at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 4 10:54:08 PST 2013

Making no promises at this time, but will consult my calendar and check my travel plans. If I'm able, I'll take an early shift.

Katya

Sent from Samsung tabletDoug Copley <doug.copley at gmail.com> wrote:
Greetings fellow Archers!

Many of us have been working in a variety of areas and ways to improve the
visibility of Archery in the Kingdom and at events. One of the ways that we
have tested is: being at Crown Tourney and at Coronation and helping with
the parking.

The job itself is very easy, we are out there where people first drive in,
we greet people as they arrive, let them know where parking is, where troll
is, and answer basic questions they may have. Occasionally we get locals
that see us standing out there and pull in to see what is going on, ask
questions, and have even asked if they could look inside to see what was
going on or to see the fighting.

The rewards . . . It does work! I was recently told by one of our past
crowns that our efforts are helping and are being noticed.

Crown Tourney is only 8 days away and is being hosted by the Shire of
Shadowlands and they could use our help!

Gate opens at 8am so we would need to get a couple of people out there in
garb (carrying bows or crossbows) at 7:45 am and working till 10am and then
2 more people from 10am to noon. At noon we would close it down since most
people are there by then.

I will be doing some presentation of Fighter / Consort heralding (my lady
is a consort this time) so my ability is somewhat limited:-(

Do we have some Archers that are going that could step up and volunteer for
this? You do get some recognition for service, you help the Kingdom, you
help Shadowlands, it only takes 2 hours of time. If there are several that
go out there it makes it a great time to visit and talk and then your shift
is over:-)

So who wants to be the first to Volunteer???

HL Vincenti da Murano, CAO
Kingdom Missile Marshal, Ansteorra