[Ansteorra-archery] Archery at the Outlands 12th afternoon celebration.

Frank Schalles francisschalles at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 07:28:26 PST 2013

Archers!

I would like to give word fame to the Shire of Gleann Medonach, Kingdom of
Outlands for their wonderful 12th Afternoon celebration and Archery
practice! The people are warm and gracious, and they put on a very unique
and challenging practice. The Archery range consisted of targets at 10,
20, 30, and 40 yards as well as a 2 targets that were at 10 yards that were
shot at from a mechanical horse going about 5 mph. If you have never
shot an arrow from a sitting position that is moving you are in for a big
surprise. Needless to say I was humbled, but it was a wonderful experience!
All of had a great time with our Cousins!

To that end, the Shire of Gleann Medonach, Shire of Blackwater Keep, both
of the Outlands, and the Barony of Bonwicke are planning an Archery get
together in March in Clovis NM, details to follow in future postings. If
you enjoy Archery, and want something new and challenging to shoot at, plan
attend. Normally this is a practice with no gate fees, probably a potluck
meal, and some serious fun! To start, we are keeping these to one day so
people can day trip and keep the cost down.

Bonwicke will be hosting a similar practice during Pennsic, late July-early
August, so if you are not attending Pennsic, plan to come out west and
shoot at
some unusual targets that will challenge your skill. Moving and floating
targets for sure, maybe even some flying ones....  We are also planning a
Fall
shoot in Shire of Gleann Medonach, Roswell New Mexico. So if want to shoot
Archery stay tuned!

And, I am told that there will be some heavy and light fighting to be had
at these events, so fun for the entire family.

Yours In Service,
Francois de Lions
Bonwicke