[Ansteorra-archery] Making Target Stands and Butts

Joey Gauthier xferdesk at yahoo.com
Wed May 22 13:35:59 PDT 2013

You'd be surprised how long 1X4's could last. And they are a lot lighter, therefor easier to tote around. 2x4's have more surface area to hit than a 1x4 and the arrow usually survives a fight with a 1X4. I'd rather replace a $3 piece of wood after it takes ten shots than to have to replace ten $7 arrows from hitting 2X4's ten different times. And when built right, you can collapse them down by removing 2 wing nuts and store them is a small area.

In service
Ld Griffin Fane
Archery Marshal, Eldern Hills