[Ansteorra-archery] Ansteorra-archery Digest, Vol 84, Issue 35

Betsy Marshall betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Wed May 29 08:13:17 PDT 2013

 Barry, Bendy,  Checky or Paly?

(And please trim your posts, folks?)

Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 08:59:29 -0500
From: Frank Schalles <francisschalles at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra-archery] Marshal Sash Idea
Archers!

There are many good ideas presented here. Some of the community see's no
reason for change, others embrace it. If a sash would be problematic while
shooting, then it's not a good thing. If a taberd is too hot, then that's
not good, if a medallion could get lost, then it's useless.

So, why dont we do something we are already doing, something that doesnt get
in the way, something  that is not hot, and something that probably will not
get lost. What is this wondrous thing?

A belt flag of Or and sable. It is simple, gets seen by everyone, will not
conflict with any heraldry I am familiar with, and will not get in the way
of shooting. There are many belt flags being worn already.
And I consider the identification of a MIC and Archery Marshal on the field
to be a safety issue.

And who doesnt want to be safe?

Lord Francois de Lions,
Deputy Archery Marshal, Central Region