[Ansteorra-archery] authorizations

Doug Copley doug.copley at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 06:34:47 PDT 2014

Lord Faolan is the Southern Regional Archery Marshal and he should either
be able to help you or get someone close to you.

For Combat Archery - the only way to get authorized is to participate in
melees that have CA and have an authorizing marshal there. The authorizing
marshal does not have to be right beside you but if they are not you need
an experienced CA beside you to help you and the authorizing marshal has to
be on the field so they can observe. I have used this method to work at
getting several people authorized at one time. The melee does not have to
be a War, it could be a large practice I have done a number of them at
Regional practices. Even though you are not carrying a striking weapon you
have to be hit a couple of times so that you know what a shot is and you
have to know what is legal and what is not. Most archers get hit very very
rarely, but the better you are and the more aggressive you are . . . the
more they come after you to kill you:-)

Be sure and read the rules for both before trying to get authorized.

Vincenti