[Ansteorra-archery] Bjornsborg Academy of Defense, now with archery

Amber Bayles servalgoshawk at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 12:14:22 PDT 2014

Greetings, archers! This year for the first time, Bjorsnborg is including target archery in its Academy of Defense! Don't worry about archery being just tacked on and pushed off into a corner of the event- we're incorporating in with the rapier fighting and placing the range next to the lyst field! The contest is about more than just shooting well. Their Excellencies are looking for panache and honor as well as skill in those they would name as Yeoman of the Academy. Upon arrival at gate, contestants will rank the countries in order of their preference. The four countries are England as led by Don Cael, Italy as led by Don Lorenzo, France as led by Don Aubri, and Spain as led by Don Iago. The shoots will be fun and challenging. There will even be one round that will determine the weapons styles and target areas for the following rapier round!

I hope to see many of you there the weekend of April 25th!

-Lord Faolan MacCairbre
Master of the Range for Bjornsborg Academy of Defense