[Ansteorra-archery] Sad tidings:

John Bishop ironwyrm at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 21:48:52 PST 2018

I regret to say word has come to me of the passing of one of the former icons of our community.   Gilbert Ost Westley  (mka Bob Dewart) known to most as "Gilli", had passed out and could not be revived.  Gilli was a archery legend before I joined the SCA almost a score of years ago and was one of the three premier members of the order of the Arc d' Or.  He stepped away from the SCA some years back over personal issues which he could not resolve.  However I chose to remember him as one whom started what he called an "archer's  revel" (a pot luck at tournaments) and working with him within his big combat arrow repair station at Gulf War.  He made hundreds of wooden combat arrows for the kingdom in days long past.  The stories about him could go on and on but maybe are best kept for warm fires and cold ale in our campsites.
Goodbye to one of our legendary archer's of Ansteorra!
Ironwyrm

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android