[Ansteorra-chirurgeon] And now, For something completely different

Thaine Briscoe rurikthered at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 7 20:10:03 PDT 2004

Greetings unto my fellow Chirurgeons,

It all started out as a joke 2 Gulf Wars Ago when I was a wee Apprentice,
(I'm sorry, I meant a humble All Day Slave, or ADS). But, since we, the
Honorable (?) Chirurgeons of Ansteorra, have been always ready since Round
Table in January, and our most esteemed and highly respected leader ( I mean
Arkell, not Gerita people) and seen fit (or was having a fit) to appoint me
the task of furthering instilling great fear into the enemies of our
Greatest of Kingdoms, which is Ansteorra. Do hereby send forth this missive
unto all that I might be able to see if we can accomplish such a feat that
no one can surpass.

And exactly what am I talking about? I am glad you have asked. I was tasked
with the formation (and appointed the Captain. Somebody please check Arell's
mental status please) the AACC for next Gulf War in 2005. The AACC
(Ansteorran Attack Chirurgeon Company) would be the terror of the
battlefield across the Knowne World. I am currently in the beginning process
and would like to know how many people (even if you are not planning or do
not even know if you will be attending Gulf War next year) are interested in
fighting as a unit in both the Heavy and Rapier battles.

I believe that this would be an impressive sight, as the Army of Ansteorra
marches off to do battle against the Evil Trimarians, that the AACC follow
behind them and present ourselves unto His Majesty and his general as a new
war company for the Kingdom. After if any soldier can kill our enemies, just
how much more effective could we be, as our knowledge of where to strike
where it can kill is that much higher.

It has been proposed that a shield wall of Fleams, with Fleam tipped spears
and possible accompained  by archers (for those long range injection) be a
good start but what be your thoughs on the matter.

Humbly in service,

Lord Rurik The Red,

Baronial Chirurgeon for the Barony of Bryn Gwlad,

Rapier Fighter, soon to be Chivalric Fighter

"Always Bleed with Honor" (and possible the War Companies motto, in Latin of
course)