[Ansteorra-chirurgeon] Training

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Tue Jun 1 06:00:04 PDT 2004

Dear all,

As I write this, I am both amazed, gratified, and confused.  Amazed and
gratified at the sheer number of individuals who came and gave of
themselves at the recent War Lord (which never did turn into Waterlord,
thank goodness).  When half-a-roster of people turn up, you know your
schedule won't fit them all, but they'll be there where needed anyhow.
Thank you.  Again.  Especially Lorraine Fraser who got forgotten even in
the Second effort at thanking everyone!

I'm confused, though.  There seems to be a whole lot of class-planning
and scheduling going on, an entire eddy of things.  This is great in and
of itself, but can I ask just one teensy little favor?  Because it is my
responsibility to get training out to the Chirurgeons (and sometimes the
Water Bearers as well) in this great Kingdom, I am sometimes in
negotiations with Autocrats months in advance of an event.  If you want
to teach somewhere, please, please, please, let Me know.  Don't go
directly to the Autocrat, or the Class Coordinator, or Sir Needsabandaid
that you happen to know and start your own negotiations.  We now have
three events ahead of us, one of which we may need to entirely pull out
of to save what's left of our 'face' due to an extreme amount of
confusion with too many people trying to help (bless you all and your
kind desires) set up classes.

Please.  Let me do what I've spent a lifetime learning to do.

Ever in service,
Gerita

The years that a woman subtracts from her age are not lost.  They are
added to the ages of other women.  -- Diane de Poitiers (1499 - 1566)