[Ansteorra-chirurgeon] Steppes Twelfth Night

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Sun Oct 17 14:46:53 PDT 2004

Greetings Chirurgeons!

I have just been informed (evil grin) that I will be the CIC at Steppes
Twelfth Night 2005.

This event will be held on January 8, 2005, and as most of you know by
now, is an all-day event with little if any fighting.  Therefore, the
only things Chirurgeons are generally needed for are kitchen accidents
and populace health issues (knocking firmly on the top of her head)

SOOOOO: to encourage my brethren (and sistren) to show up, here's the
deal:

1.  I will host a table for Chirurgeons. Please let me know you'll be
there as soon as you know, so I can plan accurately.

2.  I will sponsor an "internal" contest.  The theme of the event is
"folklore".  The Autocrats (Bi-crats?) have announced a 'costume
contest' for those dressing like the characters of a folk story.  So,
here's the challenge:  find a Doctor, Healer, or other health-care type
in folklore (more points for a Period story) and dress like that
individual.  Documentation in the form of a copy of the story is
required.  Who's up for it??? The fun of this is that it fits the theme,
so you can enter TWO contests!

3.  I also plan to help serve feast, and encourage those of you with a
bent in that direction to join me in doing so.  I have no clue at
present who the Feastocrat is, but I intend to keep the Chirurgeonate
visible and 'helping' all we can anyway!

4.  Watch announcements, I believe the Autocrats are working with local
hotels for special block prices.  We'll be in our new house by then,
with lots of floor space for those who need crash space.  We are an hour
or so from site, though!

Ever in Service,
Gerita del Mare,

erstwhile troublemaker

The years that a woman subtracts from her age are not lost.  They are
added to the ages of other women.  -- Diane de Poitiers (1499 - 1566)