[Ansteorra-chirurgeon] Re: Ansteorra-chirurgeon Digest, Vol 14, Issue 6

Crimson Vision Traci at CrimsonVision.net
Wed Oct 6 14:29:53 PDT 2004

Hello,

    Just curious but since when were condoms a age restricted purchase?  I've never heard that before.  Just curious; I don't have kids and I'm over 17  (heh) but I was just wondering.

XxX,
Elizabeta

P.S. I would give the 15 year old one.

I would be interested to hear from those who are either Middle School/High School counselors and/or related health professionals (since they probably deal with in on a more frequent basis than the average Chiurgeon).

However, IMHO, since the individual in question is under legal age to purchase said condom, I would say no. If they persist, then I would ask the teen to have their parent(s) come ask for it.  Then I would ask the parents why they believe their son should need a condom.

If the teen does not want their parents to be involved, then I would remind said teen that the legal age of consent in Texas is 17 years of age.  There have been statutory rape cases where both the individuals involved were as young as 14.